ALV-7002, ALV-7004 and ALV-7004/FAST Hardware Features
- Two/fourfold Multiple Tau Digital Correlation Scheme (16/8), Auto Correlation and Cross Correlation
- TWO (ALV-7002) OR FOUR (ALV-7004 and ALV-7004/FAST) INDEPENDENT CORRELATORS, all correlation functions are computed at 100% real-time using one of the following correlation modes
ALV-7002: AUTO0, AUTO1 or CROSS 0/1, CROSS 1/0
ALV-7004 and ALV-7004/FAST: AUTO0, AUTO1, AUTO2, AUTO3 or
AUTO0, AUTO1, CROSS 0/1, CROSS 1/0 or AUTO2, AUTO3, CROSS 2/3, CROSS 3/2 or
CROSS 0/1, CROSS 1/0, CROSS 2/3, CROSS 3/2
- 100 ns initial sampling time (ALV-7002), 100 ns ... 219902,4 s lag time range
25 ns initial sampling time (ALV-7004), 25 ns ... 54975,6 s lag time range
initial sampling time (ALV-7004/FAST), 3.125 ns ... 54975,6 s lag time range
Additional user selectable 100 ns initial STC “compatibility mode” for auto correlation experiments for ALV-7004 and ALV-7004/FAST.
- max. 2 x 312 correlation channels (ALV-7002)
max. 4 x 312 correlation channels (ALV-7004)
max. 4 x 336 correlation channels (ALV-7004/FAST)
- “Symmetric Normalization”, individual channel and sampling time block monitor channels for every correlation channel (but the first 16) and sampling time group
- ALV-7002 : 35 Mcps sustained (90 Mcps peak) max. input count rates, no scaling required
ALV-7004 and ALV-7004/FAST : 80 Mcps sustained (160 Mcps peak) max. input count rates, no scaling required
- two/four TTL inputs, 50 Ohm impedance (2V ... 5V), < 5 ns pulse pair resolution
- Multi Channel Trace for simultaneous fast
recording of all input count rate information onto the hard disk with 102,4 µs integration time (819,2 µs for ALV-7002), parallel to correlation function accumulation and 100% real-time, recording length solely limited by the free hard disk space.
- Two built-in fully digital test data generators for test and simulation purposes, one generating exponential correlation
functions at extremely high accuracy with ~300 kcps count rate (~234 kcps for ALV-7002)
- “Detector Protection Unit” output for each counting input, signalling “detector overload” and can be used to shut-down the single photon detectors
- fast EPP interface to host (PCI or PCIe based adaptor board part of the delivery)
- typ. less than 0.8 W (ALV-7002), resp. 1 W (ALV-7004), resp. 1,2 W (ALV-7004/FAST) power consumption at full input count rate
- very robust full-metal housing with small footprint (125 mm x 143 mm x 74 mm) and ~650 g total weight
- multi-norm (100-240 VAC, 47 .. 63 Hz), UL-listed switching power supply unit part of the delivery
- fully RoHS compliant
Common Software Features (V.3.X Correlator Control Software)
- WINDOWS-NT-4.0/2000/XP/VISTA compatible
- Full real-time graphic display (partially 3D displays !) of all correlation relevant information and data reduction procedures
- MCS function, saving of additional “Fast Count Rate” trace, works in parallel to correlation function assembly, integration time 0.1024 ms (ALV-7004 and ALV-7004/FAST) resp. 0.8192 ms (ALV-7002), max. channel size hard disk limited only !
- Cumulant fitting and
ALV-Regularized Fit procedure with up to 250 grid points (in-built correction for mass, surface-area and number weighted distribution functions)
- Various non-linear data analysis routines for DLS, DWS and FCS
- ASCII data format for all correlation data, data export filters
- Copy&Paste for all data to other applications
- Full support for ALV-CGS Goniometer Systems for automized DLS and SLS measurements
- Automatic viscosity / refractive index versus temperature correction for many solvents
- PASCAL based scripting language with several APIs (Correlator, RS-232, Port-I/O, Printer, File ...) allows the control and dynamic interaction with the software (for example : external hardware support, external stepper motors, waterbath circulators ...) - easy and comprehensive interface !
As well allows specialized multiple run concepts to be implemented (for example : thermo ramps, cuvette rotation ...).
- Additional support for external control, shared memory inerface to control software from another application ...
- Context sensitive help system